Thursday 3 May 2012

Meet the Exhibitors - ARTventurers

Who are you?
I'm Fiona, I own and run ARTventurers. We run art and craft classes, parties and events for children of all ages, starting from as young as 18 months!

What do you do?
I run weekly art and craft classes for pre school age children (age 18 months - 4 years) - a chance for the children to explore and create with different mediums, materials and techniques in an environment where they and their parents/carers don't need to worry about the mess! I run weekend sessions and holiday classes for older children and also host creative birthday parties!

What's the most exciting thing you've done recently?
This month ARTventurers has been nominated for a national award which is great news and very exciting, especially as the nominations have come from the parents/carers and children who attend my sessions! We're nominated for Best Local Activity for Under 5s in the What's On 4 Little Ones Awards 2012. I was also recently asked to write a guest blog post about one of my childrens art projects for the Tate Kids website (a Hirst-inspired spin painting activity using salad spinners!)

Why do you do it?
Why do I do it? The ARTventurers "tagline" is "Laugh, Explore, Create" and that sums it up really - I love working with children and encouraging them to explore, create and use their imaginations while having lots and lots of fun and simply enjoying the whole creative process. It's also very rewarding to see the pride on the childrens faces when they show off their creations at the end of a session and to hear that they've then extended the creative process back at home. Plus playing with paint, glue and glitter is great fun!

Further info:
I have a website  http://www.artventurers.co.uk/  which has a lot more information about what we do, where we run our classes and some lovely colourful pictures of the sessions and artwork!
There's also a Facebook page where you can keep up to date with where we are and what we're doing  http://www.facebook.com/ARTventurers.
Finally you can follow me on Twitter @artventurers.

No comments:

Post a Comment