Monday 14 May 2012

Meet the Exhibitors - Jennifer Wyse

Who are you?
Jennifer Wyse

What do you do?
My work is predominantly an interpretation and response to both the places I have been and objects and scenes from my everyday life which I hold close to me. I don’t think my concern is to produce an exact visual representation of what I see but more a sense of time and being in that place. Light and colour combine to portray form and shape in a timelessness outside of the daily hubbub of our modern life. I try to explore and make sense of these thoughts within my paintings, through colour and pattern and in choice of scene. I like to think my paintings take the voyeur on their own journey of discovery and have been told they have a quality of peace and calm. Painted in oil or acrylic on canvas or board, I work from sketches made on-site and photographs taken for reference.

What's the most exciting thing you've done recently?
I think probably entering the Spennymoor Art Festival, as it is my first arts festival! I am really looking forward to meeting other artists and being involved in the whole thing.

Why do you do it?
My father was a graphic designer so I always wanted to be an artist when I grew up; it's just taken rather a long time! I love learning about colour and the whole physical process of painting. I like to celebrate my love of nature and the countryside and hope that people can see this in my painting.

Further Info:


http://www.wix.com/wyse_jennifer/fine-art

http://www.redbubble.com/people/jenwyse

No comments:

Post a Comment